Saturday, August 07, 2004

the blues dont let go, no it dont

What is this thing called blues? When I hear it played, I know it. when I hear it played, I feel it. when I hear it played, I just have to half or fully close my eyes and frown in sheer ecstasy. It’s overwhelming. It has not much to do with musical knowledge. The most greatest of musicians couldn’t play a note of blues, if he aint ever felt it. it hasn’t much to do with perfection in terms of flawless notes and breaks and stuff. But it’s perfect. When the blues man sings the blues note, he passes on a surge of such intense emotion and power to you, but backs it with some nameless and soothing substance that just about keeps you from falling dead with the shock. The blues is raw. The blues is real. But what the freaking hell is the damn thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home